Before You Begin
Before making a request to delete files on your device, remember the following important considerations:
- Operations to delete files are permanent and you cannot undo the operations.
- If applicable, requesting an operation to delete files fulfills the Service Guarantee. Therefore, Absolute Software is no longer subject to monetary payout. While the recovery effort continues, the likelihood of recovering your device is reduced because files that may help us recover your device may be deleted. For more information, see Guarantees.
- Operations to delete files only function on local hard drives.
- Operations to delete files rely on Internet communication between your device and the Monitoring Center.
- To request an operation to delete files, you need to know your PIN. If necessary, reset your PIN before proceeding. See Resetting Your PIN for more information.