Absolute Notifier is currently available for Windows devices only.
Absolute Notifier is a separate add-on application on your device. Absolute Notifier conveniently lets you see the status of the Agent and ensures the Agent is communicating regularly with the Monitoring Center.
Using Absolute Notifier
The icon in the notification area of the Windows taskbar is the Absolute Notifier. Absolute Notifier allows you to complete the following tasks:
- Perform Test Call: to test that your device can contact the Absolute Software Monitoring Center. If your device contacts the Monitoring Center on a regular basis, it is more likely that we are able to assist you should your device go missing. Under normal circumstances, the Agent automatically contacts the Monitoring Center periodically. When a test call is in progress, the menu item is unavailable.
- Log In: to access your account using Customer Center.
- View Message: to view information related to your subscription in a pop-up window.
- Install Update: to install a newer version of Absolute Notifier when available.
- Close: to close Absolute Notifier.
To use Absolute Notifier:
- Right-click the icon to show the menu and click the respective menu item to access a feature.
To show the last connection date and time when your device made to the Monitoring Center:
- Place the mouse over the icon to display the time and date of the last connection to our Monitoring Center.