Absolute Software works closely with Qualcomm Inc. to leverage the Qualcomm Gobi™ global mobile internet solution for notebook computers. Mobile computers featuring the technology can take advantage of high-speed mobile internet services from network operators in virtually all parts of the world. By enabling Computrace to work with the Gobi module, Absolute customers gain access to GPS data for enhanced location determination.
Absolute customers can leverage the combined power of Computrace and Qualcomm Gobi for all devices in their Computrace deployment that have the Gobi technology designed into the hardware. This would require a supported mobile broadband adapter such as:
Qualcomm Gobi 1000 and variants, including:
- Dell Wireless 5600 (EV-DO-HSPA) mobile broadband mini-card
- HP un2400 mobile broadband module
- Qualcomm UNDP-1, 9202, and 250D
Qualcomm Gobi 2000 and variants, including:
- Dell Wireless 5620 (EV-DO-HSPA) mobile broadband mini-card
- HP un2420
- Qualcomm UNDP-1, 920B, and 9205
- Gobi-based Sierra Wireless equipment
Customers can also use the Mobile Broadband Adapter report to track these expensive devices. View a list of supported devices that can be tracked in the Mobile Broadband Adapter report.